Sunday, July 25, 2004
I have been purposefully (maybe not such a good idea) trying to relive some of what I experienced when I first woke up. Part of the reason for this is to answer some long standing questions about what actually happened those first few blury days. The other reason is to deal with the fact that I almost died and my life was irrevocably changed forever. I put this last part off for a long time, I just wasn't ready. Here's what I've discovered.
- Some things I'll never remember, I'm not meant to. For what ever reason, be it medication, or that I'm not emotionally ready for it.
- Most of the memories from when I first woke are distorted by drugs and that's normal
- Most people who have had the level of sedation that I had, had hallucinations.
- re-orientation of the patient by medical personnel, family, and friends is vital
- This isn't the end of the world, it's the beginning of another
More later I'm tired